Become a Buy Fresh Buy Local Partner!
Buy Fresh Buy Local 2021 partnership is now open! This is an invite to local food providers across the Greater Lehigh Valley to join our important movement – being a partner means investing in your business, local foods culture, the local economy, and our non-profit! We work hard to bring more customers to local food providers like you through many strategies including increasing local food awareness; improving education; marketing; providing technical assistance; conducting research; securing grant funding; increasing fresh local food access; and so much more. By supporting you and promoting local foods in general, we are able to make longstanding cultural, economic and environmental impacts in the GLV and beyond. Our non-profit organization is here to serve YOU! If you’re a farmer, retailer, restaurant, specialty product producer, institution, winery/distillery, etc. with a commitment to local food, Buy Fresh Buy Local of the Greater Lehigh Valley and your business are a perfect match!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly if you have any questions!
What You’ll Get
Partnership has many direct and indirect benefits for you, your business, the local food system, and the Lehigh Valley as a whole. Your annual partnership fee is based on your businesses type and will include the benefits listed in our Partner Benefits Package! Here are just a few:
- Customized profile on our highly trafficked website and searchability through the Local Food Finder
- Use of the Buy Fresh Buy Local® brand – a trusted and recognized authority on Local Foods in the Valley
- Merchandising and Point of Purchase materials
- Promotion through our monthly newsletter, social media, and website as well as a variety of unique and effective marketing initiatives throughout the year
- Listing in our biannual Local Foods Guide. (The next one comes out in 2022!)
- Partner support including research, data, and feasibility studies; trainings; technical assistance; networking opportunities; marketing consultation; and more.
- Referrals to the media and public
- Connections with wholesale buyers/producers, leads on additional partnership opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in BFBLGLV events
- Periphery benefits from BFBLGLV’s general Local Foods Marketing Campaigns, Food Access initiatives, and research projects
- Social Economic and Cultural Value: Be a part of supporting an awesome non-profit doing important work to build our local food system, improve local food culture and purchasing habits, increase food access, advocate for policies to support our farmers, bring innovate tools and messaging to the Valley, and more!
To be eligible to become a BFBLGLV Partner, you must own, operate, or otherwise represent a business that is in or around the Greater Lehigh Valley and sells locally food grown, primarily for consumption in this same region. Locally grown food is defined as food or other products grown in or around the Lehigh Valley or products made from Lehigh Valley-grown products.
This includes: farms, markets, stores, restaurants, caterers, institutions, and producers of specialty food items. Wholesale distributors that provide locally grown foods are also eligible as long as the farm origin of the products is clearly indicated and maintained at the time of sale through retail channels, and they are primarily sold for consumption in the Lehigh Valley. Annual partnership fee is based on your business type (View our Membership Agreement here).
Becoming a partner is easy! Follow these simple steps to get your profile set up:
- Scroll down to click the “Sign Up” button in the box below.
- Fill out the online form to tell us a little bit about yourself and your farm (this information will be the basis of your Partner Profile).
- Once you are approved as a partner, you’ll be sent a link to pay annual dues via PayPal. If for any reason you are unable to pay dues, or if you would rather pay by check, please send us an email at email@example.com.
- Finish setting up your profile! We’ll send you an email to create a username and password. Once you log into the website, you can add in more products, locations, photos, social media channels and any other important information you want to share with customers.