Penn State Extension-BFBLGLV Will Host a Marketing Program
Farmers who have been selling direct to consumers via farmers markets and/or CSA’s (Community Supported Agriculture) have noticed a shift in those market channels. For the last few years, farmers markets and CSA’s have been stagnant and in some cases shrinking. Are there other market channel opportunities for farmers? Are there techniques we can use to improve customer retention? What are the current trends in local food we can capitalize on?
Penn State Extension and Buy Fresh, Buy Local Greater Lehigh Valley will host an “Intensive Marketing” program at the Nurture Nature Center, 518 Northampton St., Easton, PA on December 8.
- Nick Burton – “State of the Soil”, a marketing resource for farmers.
- Simon Huntley – Small Farm Central
- Market Trends and the Future of Local Food, strategies for direct to consumer sales
- Marilyn Anthony – Fox School of Business
- Translating Customer Values into Economic Value, strategies to improve retention rates and attract new customers
- Brian Moyer – Penn State Extension
- GROW NYC’s work on Understanding Consumer Behavior
Attendees gain knowledge on techniques to attract and retain customers and increase sales.
This is a “next level” marketing program designed for producers who have been farming for more than 5 years.
Cost: $20 (lunch included)
For more information contact Brian Moyer at 610-391-9840 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register online at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/next-level-intensive-marketing-for-direct-market-farmers-tickets-39124593713