Become a Buy Fresh Buy Local Partner!
Buy Fresh Buy Local 2022 partnership is now open! This is an invite to local food providers across the Greater Lehigh Valley to join our important movement – being a partner means investing in your business, local foods culture, the local economy, and our non-profit! We work hard to bring more customers to local food providers like you through many strategies including increasing local food awareness; improving education; marketing; providing technical assistance; conducting research; securing grant funding; increasing fresh local food access; and so much more. By supporting you and promoting local foods in general, we are able to make longstanding cultural, economic and environmental impacts in the GLV and beyond. Our non-profit organization is here to serve YOU! If you’re a farmer, retailer, restaurant, specialty product producer, institution, winery/distillery, etc. with a commitment to local food, Buy Fresh Buy Local of the Greater Lehigh Valley and your business are a perfect match!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly if you have any questions!
What You’ll Get
The partnership has many direct and indirect benefits for you, your business, the local food system, and the Lehigh Valley as a whole. Your annual partnership fee is based on your business type and will include the benefits listed in our Partner Benefits Package! *This version is from 2021. An updated version will be uploaded shortly.* Here are just a few reasons to become a partner:
- Customized profile on our highly trafficked website and searchability through the Local Food Finder
- Use of the Buy Fresh Buy Local® brand – a trusted and recognized authority on Local Foods in the Valley
- Merchandising and Point of Purchase materials
- Promotion through our monthly newsletter, social media, and website as well as a variety of unique and effective marketing initiatives throughout the year
- Listing in our biannual Local Foods Guide (The 2022 Guide is out now!)
- Partner support including research, data, and feasibility studies; trainings; technical assistance; networking opportunities; marketing consultation; and more
- Referrals to the media and public
- Connections with wholesale buyers/producers, leads on additional partnership opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in BFBLGLV events
- Periphery benefits from BFBLGLV’s general Local Foods Marketing Campaigns, Food Access initiatives, and research projects
- Social Economic and Cultural Value: Be a part of supporting an awesome non-profit doing important work to build our local food system, improve local food culture and purchasing habits, increase food access, advocate for policies to support our farmers, bring innovative tools and messaging to the Valley, and more!
To be eligible to become a BFBLGLV Partner, you must own, operate, or otherwise represent a business that is in or around the Greater Lehigh Valley and sells locally grown food, primarily for consumption in this same region. Locally grown food is defined as food or other products grown in or around the Lehigh Valley or products made from Lehigh Valley-grown products.
This includes farms, markets, stores, restaurants, caterers, institutions, and producers of specialty food items. Wholesale distributors that provide locally grown foods are also eligible as long as the farm origin of the products is clearly indicated and maintained at the time of sale through retail channels, and they are primarily sold for consumption in the Lehigh Valley. Annual partnership fee is based on your business type (View our Membership Agreement here).
To become a partner, email Madeline at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “New Partner Request”. In the email, please provide some details about your business and your interest in becoming a partner. Madeline will follow up with more details. Thank you!